Thursday 14 July 2011

Daring Bakers Pasta Challenge!

Steph from Stephfood was our Daring Cooks. July hostess. Steph challenged us to make homemade noodles without the help of a motorized pasta machine. She provided us with recipes for Spatzle and Fresh Egg Pasta as well as a few delicious sauces to pair our noodles with!
 









I had never cooked my own pasta before so i was a bit apprehensive, but now that i have i will continue doing it myself as it is so much fun!











I decided to make a mixture of fettucini and tagliatelle, doing some by hand and some using my pasta maker.


I made a chilli lemon and garlic dressing and tossed it with king prawns. Served with a side salad of baby spinach, roast pumpkin, semi-dried tomatoes, cucumber and pine nuts, it was the perfect mid night meal. So much so that i got distracted while cooking and almost forgot to take a photo of the finished result!

Bon Appetit!




2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Your sauce sounds like the perfect complement to the delicate flavour of the noodle!

    ReplyDelete